Was founded 330 years ago by Mihalchea Hincu. Initially the cell was called Vladica and was occupied by conventuals. After being ravaged by Tatars’ invasion in the second half of the XVIII century it was remade by celibate priest Varlaam and became the monastery for monks.
The monastery had a great development at the time of Father-Superior Dosoftei, Bulgarian by birth (1832-1843). In that very period there were built the churces from stone « Saint Paraskeva » (summer 1835), and «The assumption of the virgin Mary » (winter 1841), cells, the room of the superior, and the refectory.
During the interwar period the monastery flourished, especially when in was under the direction of archimandrite Dometsian – the number of its people achieved 85.
Soviet regime closed the monastery in 1949. After re-opening it again became the nunnery with 120 conventuals. At the head of the monastery’s society was Mother Superior Parascheva (Cazacu) that managed to consolidate it. The decisive role in the formation of the cloister played bishop Hincu Petru (Musteatsa), the monasteriy’s confessor since 1992.
You can find more details about Hincu monastery at the official web-site of the monasteriy’s bishop Petru. www.eph.md