Public Library Tirgovishe on the service of the community
Public Library Tirgovishte was founded in 1995 on the basis of a contract of collaboration between the city administrations of Kishinev and of the town Tirgovishte. Placed in the center of Buiucani area, the library is a public cultural institution with scientific, encyclopaedic and informative profile. The library’s workers educate love and taste for reading by means of offering a large spectrum of titles of fiction, the masterpieces of national and international literature.
At present the collection of documents makes up 30700 publications of all domains: 26000 of volumes in Romanian language with Latin graphics, 1728 volumes in Russian, 147 in English, 45 in German, 455 in French, and 140 volumes in other languages. Most of the library’s publications are of fiction, socio-political domains, of the basis of learning and culture, literary criticism, exact sciences, management, information science, reference publications.
This year there is organized the Day of library as a useful exchange between library workers, readers, writers, artists, editors from the two citadels of our national history and culture. With a view to promote and popularize the collection of documents there are organized cultural activities, specific to the work with a book: exhibitions, presentations and release of books within the limits of literary cenacle “La Tigovishte”, hours of reading, hour of story, meetings with writers, and so on…